#MEETTHEBLOGGER (Whereas You'll Know Me Better)

Disclaimer: This post was written back when the writer was 18 years old. There is no guarantee that all of the opinions written here are still true to this day.

What should I write for my very first post of this blog? Oh, right. I should introduce myself, true?

I hope you won’t get bored while reading this, because I realize nowadays I’m kind of a dull young adult ha ha (note the awkward laugh).

Since no one wants to know someone’s identity by reading CV-like biodata, I’ll write down my Alhamdulillah things (meaning things I like)and Astagfirullah ones (no need to guess. It’s obviously things I dislike). For additional information, there is also a list of things in this world that are in a love-hate relationship with me.
Check it out!

ASTAGFIRULLAH
a. Ungrateful or Ill-Behaved Child
One of my most hated. Things. Ever.
Unfortunately, I found some characters who are like this in several books. Well, mostly not Indonesian books, but English ones. Sorry, I don’t mean to compare, but I can never tolerate an ill-behaved child, no matter how special snowflake a book character is. This is also one of some reasons why I don’t enjoy If I Stay by Gayle Forman. The main character’s best friend I forgot her name has a rocky a relationship with her mom and I can’t ignore that (Talk about culture shock...)

b. Unfair Parents
You may think I’m a selfish person when it comes to my parents’ attention. Mostly because I’m the only child they have, so I never have to share their attention with anyone. Ergo, I also don’t like it when there are parents who treat their children unfairly, even if my mother says it’s normal for parents to have favorite child when they have kids more than one. But I still cannot tolerate it, especially when the mother does it. They came out of your womb and you decide to be picky on sharing your love?

c. Rude Memes and Satirical Jokes
Originally I had no problem with these. But the political condition lately is really rocky and people tend to show their disappointment through many ways. If not on writings, then go the visual ones like memes. I actually understand that. But I don’t like it when those memes and jokes go to far until it becomes too toxic and cornering one side too much or simply hating and bullying some political actors. I just can’t. Ironically, my college major is politic-related and the majority of my friends are meme generator. Ha ha ha (note the frustration).

d. Cockroach
Public enemy.

e. Horror, Thriller, Slasher, and Gore
Among these genres, the one I’m able to handle is horror. Horror can be thrilling and exciting, if it’s not too much. Back when I was a middle schooler, macabre was my favorite thing. Dancing skulls, medieval-style punishments, Erzebet Bathory (do I spell it right?) and the rest of Cruel Important People Squad. But that macabre era has ended two years later, when I got almost like a never-ending nightmares and sleep-paralysis before I finally realized that I actually cannot handle those things. Those scary aspects had consumed my thoughts and feelings without me realizing it, and now I always try to stay away from them.

f. Moe
Middle-schooler me would hail it. Now I’m bothered by it. Their big eyes are crazy. Do you know what is more dzikir-able than moe? Over-sexualized moe character. Think of cute-innocent-looking girl trapped in a situation that provokes sexual tension. If you can do it, that’s good. Cannot force myself to even try.
Oh, that means I also don’t like loli and shota.

g. People Who Smoke On Public Area
For example, my faculty. Ironically, there is a banner, a big one, who ban people to smoke at FISIP (Faculty of Social and Political Science). But, still, FREEDOM! Um, I’m not sarcastic. Really. I’m just worried my lifespan will shorten if every breath I take is polluted by smoke from cigarettes.
Hm... guess this semester I’m gonna start wearing mask.

h. Rude Heroine
If you want to make a well-written and different female character, you really don’t need to make her spit poisonous words with high sarcasm and sassiness every now and then. Even people who are rude still rethink their behaviors at times.

i. Feeling Lonely or Left Out
I think it’s safe to assume that I’m an extrovert. I also love spending time alone, but being alone too much can stress me out. It’s a fact, that an extrovert gets their energy from people, because I’m happy and most energetic around my loved ones. Or simply by meeting new faces.

ALHAMDULILLAH
a. Islam
I’m grateful for being born as muslim, and I pray I will die as muslim, too. Can never separate Islam from all aspects in life or else my heart will be a void entity, like a big blackhole.

b. Family and Friends
I’m monstrously grateful for people who always stay by my side and support this silly girl through many ups and downs. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Special big-fat-thank you for my parents who never gave up on me. And my uncle and auntie who always support me especially on financial aspect. Love you, Guys.

c. Art
If there is something which can move your heart just by feeling it, it’s art. I draw since I was toddler and hopefully will continue to do so until I get wrinkles here and there.

d. Books
Because
Who
Doesn't
?

e. Spicy Foods
Well, it runs down in family that most of us tend to eat foods that are challenging for tongue. As a descendant, I love spicy foods too with all my heart, even if my tongue's strength is not as tough as my parents’.

f. Hijab Fashion
Surprise! Tsatsa is not a nerdy high schooler anymore. My major is the one who has something to do with all formality and international events, and I think it’s time to kind of fix my taste in fashion. That’s why lately rather than scoring comfort above all, I also pay more attention to what image I give with my outfit. Well, it does not mean I suddenly want the high-end fashion. I just try to mix and match clothes, especially with a veil covering my head. Searching for proper hijab fashion inspiration then becomes my daily task.

g. Socializing
I guess socializing doesn’t always in a form of talking with other people. Being in the middle of a group of friends or crowd that you are comfortable with, and then feeling the energy you get from them, can be “socializing” too. Weird, I know.

h. Stories & Discussions
I love listening to stories. I love daydreaming and imagining things I’ve never encountered before. And that’s what makes every person special; the story they hold behind the back of their mind. Not necessarily a great and superb story. A simple one is enough. Remember: I’ve never been in your shoes and perspective, right?
Discussing is a way to sharpen your brain and see things from very different perspectives. That is, if you are patient enough to hold your tongue and open up your mind to opinions that are from different corner of yours.

i. Interesting Underdog Character
I have a soft spot for these kind of characters. Maybe because I dislike being left out, I don’t want other people to feel the same. It’s also a reason why Juvia from Fairy Tail is my ultimate favorite. I already favor her the first time she made an appearance, for her past and uniqueness. And now, I’m so glad that Juvia gains popularity and has many fans all over the world!

j. Lays Seaweed & Milk Tea or Green Tea
I wish on my first date or whatever first event (since right now I’m not interested in dating hm...)I will have later, that boy should present me lays seaweed. A big one. That’s if he wants to leave a good impression. Or if not, the salmon one will work too. I just love lays so much!

k. BLACKPINK
They are everywhere. They might be in your area, too.

And then,the mentions of my lovely-hately things in this world...........................
1.          People
They can be good for my health. They can result in bad headache too.
2.          Politic
I betray, you, my major. I know it’s not the politic itself that stresses so many people. It’s more like those who use politic to get what they want, even if it’s bad. Eh, but I guess that fits the definiton of politic? An attempt to get what the actor wants?
3.          College
New independent life, less-judging people, diverse friends, creativity in dressing granted, interesting lessons, and so many chances? Yes. The fees, far away from family, never-ending wave of doubt because so many differing opinions and theories, ASSIGNMENTS, and the pressure of competition? Huft.


For the last note, I have to tell you that my posts on the future might use Bahasa Indonesia as well. And I apologize if I sound too meh in this post. My actual personality is unlike this. I’ve read somewhere that changing language can change your persona too. And that’s kind of true, since I cannot really control if there is sassiness dripping from my words in English. I will try to handle it next time.

Bye~


Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Bisakah Kita Bersimpati Pada Seseorang Tanpa Menyetujui Tindakannya?

Review Webtoon: The Real Lesson, Jalan Tengah Hukuman Fisik pada Murid

Jika Tak Memiliki Bakat Menulis, Untuk Apa Mengangkat Pena? (1)