A Guide On How To Impress Me

Disclaimer: This post was written back when the writer was 18 years old. There is no guarantee that all of the opinions written here are still true to this day.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

So, there's this guy who seems interested in me. But to be honest, even though I really appreciate his efforts, the way he tries to impress me is not going to make me fall anytime soon. But thanks to him, I have an idea on what I'm going to write 😀 Thank you, Boy!

How to impress me:
Tell me everything I don’t know.
Your experiences, books you have read, interesting people you have met, some knowledge you have which others deemed as unimportant, things that you care about,
Talk about yourself, what you believe in, your opinions and perspectives on every aspect.

But do it gently,
My ears are not made to listen a judging rant or cornering oration,
Other than that, I will gladly listen.
Keep your expectations low, since I don’t guarantee you if I’ll just nodding in agreement with every trail of thoughts and opinions you voice,
Remember that I have a brain and a heart too.

I will look deeply into your eyes and tell my head to stop thinking or imagining trivial things, because I’m ready for a world you will introduce to me.
Your stories are in another dimension, different from mine,
In the same world, with a different main character going trough different events.

If you want to impress me;
Dont’ flirt,
I don’t need any of your flirting attempt –though I still appreciate it.
Sure, whenever somebody throws a pick-up line to me, my heart jumps and cheeks turns red,
But it won’t become anything more than such a drive by.

For me, a pick-up line, flirting attempt only shows your interest, but not an affection,
Something so light, and for some people as exciting as bubbles floating up to the sky,
But remember that bubbles are easy to be swept away.

I don’t beg for a hundred dollar conversation,
I don’t beg a story which consists alien invasion and you become the savior,
Just a simple, thoughtful conversation sparked passionately is enough for me.
That’s if you really want to impress me.

06.01.2017
Aritsa Aulia K.

And, Boy, if you happen to read this, please keep in mind that this is not about a girl who is making fun of you. Instead, I hope this will be your guide in the future if you eventually meet someone who doesn't buy a flirting attempt. Best of luck for you 💙

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Bisakah Kita Bersimpati Pada Seseorang Tanpa Menyetujui Tindakannya?

Review Webtoon: The Real Lesson, Jalan Tengah Hukuman Fisik pada Murid

Jika Tak Memiliki Bakat Menulis, Untuk Apa Mengangkat Pena? (1)